Current:Home > MarketsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Apex Capital Strategies
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-07 07:44:46
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (2)
Related
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Priscilla Presley's Son Navarone Garcia Details His Addiction Struggles
- Kentucky judge declines, for now, to lift ban on executions
- Mississippi Republicans revive bill to regulate transgender bathroom use in schools
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- Georgia governor signs law adding regulations for production and sale of herbal supplement kratom
- Middle school focuses on recovery as authorities investigate shooting of armed student
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' child stars reunite 30 years later: 'Still feels like family'
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Man arrested in fatal shooting of Chicago police officer who was heading home from work
Ranking
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- Man arrested in fatal shooting of Chicago police officer who was heading home from work
- 'Unacceptable': At least 15 Portland police cars burned, arson investigation underway
- Witness says Alaska plane that crashed had smoke coming from engine after takeoff, NTSB finds
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- King Charles’ longtime charity celebrates new name and U.S. expansion at New York gala
- 'Horrific scene': New Jersey home leveled by explosion, killing 1 and injuring another
- China highway collapse sends cars plunging, leaving at least 48 dead, dozens injured
Recommendation
Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
Gangs in Haiti launch fresh attacks, days after a new prime minister is announced
Teen pizza delivery driver shot at 7 times after parking in wrong driveway, police say
'Hacks' stars talk about what's to come in Season 3, Deborah and Ava's reunion
Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
Billy Idol says he's 'California sober': 'I'm not the same drug addicted person'
Mississippi high court declines to rule on questions of public funds going to private schools
Biden stops in Charlotte during his NC trip to meet families of fallen law enforcement officers